[Humanist] 31.475 on the philosophy of virtual reality

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Dec 17 09:29:05 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 17:35:17 +0100
        From: Marinella Testori <testorimarinella at gmail.com>
        Subject: again on Virtual Reality

Dear Willard and Friends of Humanist list,

I would bring to your attention another recent contribution about Virtual
Reality that I hope is of your interest as the article by Riboldi about
which I let you know in one of the latest Humanists' issues.

It is the book 'Experience Machines. The Philosophy of Virtual Worlds'
(July 2017), edited by Mark Silcox and available on Amazon.

Inspired by Robert Nozick's argument developed in 'Anarchy, State and
Utopia', the volume collects a series of contributions under three main
labels: Virtual Experiences and Human Well-Being, Real-World Experience
Machines, Experiential Design: Problems and Prospects.

I hope the volume may be of interest and help for your works!

Thank you for your attention,
best wishes.

Marinella