[Humanist] 31.473 events: SHARP 2018 extended cfp

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Dec 16 09:34:52 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 17:03:30 +0000
        From: Alyssa Arbuckle <alyssaa at uvic.ca>
        Subject: SHARP 2018: CFP Extended

Dear Colleagues

The deadline for panel and paper submissions for the 2018 SHARP Conference has been extended to 18 December 2017.

http://www.sharpweb.org/ocs

Next year's conference, "From First to Last Texts, Creators, Readers, Agents", will be the 26th annual conference of the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing. It will also be the first time that the conference has been held in the Southern Hemisphere. If you missed last year's launch, please do visit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkozSngIw4

Please find attached our Conference flyer and our English, Chinese, French and Japanese translations of the Call for Papers, with more to follow. Special thanks to Dr Xiang Ren, Dr Peter Mauch, Dr Laure Philip and Dr Katie McDonough for translating.

We have an exciting line-up of speakers:

Associate Professor Katherine Bode: Literary and Textual Studies, College of Arts & Social Sciences, Australian National University. Books: Reading by Numbers: Recalibrating the Literary Field; A World of Fiction: Digital Archives and the Future of Literary History.

Professor David Carter: Professor of Australian Literature & Cultural History, School of Communication & Arts, University of Queensland. Books: Always Almost Modern: Australian Print Cultures and Modernity; Dispossession, Dreams and Diversity: Issues in Australian Studies.

Professor Richard Nile: Professor of Australian History and Head of Humanities, James Cook University, Cairns, Australia. Books: The Making of the Australian literary Imagination; The Australian Legend and its Discontents.

Professor Zhiqiang Zhang: Author of The Publishing Research History of China in 20th Century (2004) and A Chronicle of Jiangsu Publishing Events from 77 B.C. to 1948 (1996), Professor Zhiqiang Zhang is based at Nanjing University.

Further details can be found on the SHARP 2018 conference home page at:

http://sharp2018.sydney/

We hope to see you in Parramatta and Sydney next year! And feel free to share with your networks.

With best wishes
Jason

--

Dr Jason Ensor BA, PGDip, MA, PhD
Manager, Library Digital Infrastructure

P: (+61) 02 9852 5029<tel:(02)%209852%205029>
M: (+61) 0419 674 770<tel:0419%20674%20770>
E: j.ensor at westernsydney.edu.au<mailto:j.ensor at westernsydney.edu.au>

W: http://library.westernsydney.edu.au/main/
W: http://www.jasonensor.com

Kingswood Campus T.5.40
Visiting Professor in Digital Humanities (2017-2018)
Electronic Textual Cultures Laboratory
University of Victoria
Victoria, BC, V8W 3H5, Canada