[Humanist] 31.461 graduate studies at Northeastern

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Dec 13 07:45:34 CET 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:53:04 +0000
        From: "Flanders, Julia" <j.flanders at northeastern.edu>
        Subject: Apply now: Graduate studies in English/digital humanities at Northeastern University

Please share the attached with interested undergraduate and master's students! Northeastern's digital humanities certificate program is thriving and we have a strong community of MA and PhD students working in digital humanities, as well as a wide range of digital projects where students can get intensive hands-on experience.

Thank you! Julia
Julia Flanders
Professor of Practice, English
Director, Digital Scholarship Group
Northeastern University

Graduate Study in English

The English Department at Northeastern is a thriving community of scholars in literature, writing and rhetoric, and the digital humanities. Our vibrant faculty has grown with a spate of new hires over the past few years: just this year we are joined by Sari Altschuler (health and humanities, disability studies, American literature), Hillary Chute (comics and graphic novels, contemporary fiction, visual studies, American literature, gender and sexuality studies, literature and the arts, critical theory, media studies), and Eunsong Kim (contemporary American literature, Asian American literature, poetics, critical gender studies).  Our graduate students are a socially engaged and intellectually adventurous group, engaged in a wide variety of scholarly projects and enjoying life in the city of Boston.

The department offers both the MA and the PhD. All PhD students are fully funded for five years. We offer Certificates in Digital Humanities and in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies for both MA and PhD students. The MA now includes a Co-op option, giving MA students the chance to combine classroom education with paid workplace experience and making our MA unlike any other in the Boston area.

We especially encourage applications from students interested in the following areas:

[For further information see https://www.northeastern.edu/cssh/english/graduate/digital-humanities/. The message received by Humanist was so laden with 'safelinks' URLs as to require an inordinate amount of editing by hand. --WM]