[Humanist] 31.272 pubs: bibliography of women in book history

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Aug 31 07:20:02 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 20:19:25 +0000
        From: Kate Ozment <kateozment at tamu.edu>
        Subject: Announcement: Re-Launch of the Women in Book History Bibliography

Fellow DH-ers (with apologies for cross-posting),

We are very excited to announce the re-launch of the Women in Book History Bibliography with a full-search database. This database dramatically increases the functionality of our data. Search results—and the entire database—can be exported in a plaintext file. We have added substantially more sources with more on the horizon. You can search by title, as well as stackable filters:

  1.  Author
  2.  Location
  3.  Language
  4.  Publisher
  5.  Field
  6.  Time period

We have increased our "fields" to encompass many of the topics that are of interest to book historians and bibliographers. The current list includes: archives, authorship, book arts, book trades, critical race studies, feminist editing and textual studies, genre studies, LGBT+ and sexuality, libraries and librarians, manuscript and letters, professional writing and publication, reading, reception histories, scribes and scribal publications, and theoretical approaches.

The site's address is the same at www.womensbookhistory.org. You can follow the link on the "Bibliography" tab to the new database. There is a help document to aid in searches.

The framework for this project was built through a generous grant from the Initiative for Digital Humanities, Media, and Culture. Our biggest thanks go to Laura Mandell, director of the IDHMC, and our web designer Bryan Tarpley.

We hope this resource will continue to be of use to the community, and we look forward to your comments and feedback.

Cheers-
Kate Ozment and Cait Coker
Co-Editors, Women in Book History Bibliography
Doctoral Candidates, Department of English, Texas A&M University