[Humanist] 31.267 asst professorship (Colombia)
Humanist Discussion Group
willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Aug 30 11:46:00 CEST 2017
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 31, No. 267.
Department of Digital Humanities, King's College London
Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 19:47:19 +0000
From: Luis Antonio Silva Anaya <la.silva1243 at uniandes.edu.co>
Subject: Faculty position in the field of Digital Humanities
The School of Arts and Humanities at Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia, seeks candidates for a full-time position as Assistant Professor in the field of Digital Humanities.
Professors at the Universidad de los Andes are expected to develop their academic career around three aspects: teaching and researching, while contributing to institutional development. The successful candidate should be able to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate level on topics related to the digital humanities. The course load at the Universidad de los Andes varies between 4 to 6 courses per year. In addition to teaching, this professor will develop his or her own research projects and assist with the academic coordination of the Master’s degree in Digital Humanities. He or she will be part of the advisory team for the projects developed by lecturers and professors in the field.
In addition to the MA in Digital Humanities, the School of Arts and Humanities includes programs in the following fields: Art, Art History, Music, Literature and Journalism. It also has a Center for Research and Creation and a Graduate School.
The Master in Digital Humanities at Universidad de los Andes is the first of its kind in Latin America. It is an interdisciplinary program that connects different fields across the arts and humanities. Professors from different programs at the University offer courses in the MA, including professors from the departments of History and Design. It is expected that the selected candidate should have a strong interest and general knowledge in the fields of arts and humanities in order to facilitate interaction with diverse programs.
Starting date: January 2018
* Ph.D. in related fields to the humanities, with projects already developed in digital humanities.
* Experience in the field of digital humanities.
* Teaching experience.
* Knowledge and the will to participate in the mission and vision of the Universidad de los Andes.
* Ability to propose workshops and theoretical courses at undergraduate and graduate level, including survey courses for students from different disciplines.
* Ability to work in groups
Deadline for submission Friday September 29, 2017
Documents should be sent to the Dean of the School of Arts and Humanities: facartes at uniandes.edu.co<mailto:facartes at uniandes.edu.co>.
The documents should be sent in a .zip format, organized in folders and in the same order as the list of documents below:
1. Curriculum Vitae.
2. Scanned images of undergraduate and graduate diplomas.
3. Two academic letters of recommendation and one employment letter of recommendation.
4. A teaching statement (1000 words) about teaching aspirations and trajectory.
5. A research proposal (1000 words) that should envision a three-year project, to be developed with the support of the Universidad de los Andes.
6. A syllabus for an undergraduate course and one syllabus for a graduate seminar. The syllabi should include a brief description, a 15-week detailed plan, bibliography and digital resources.
7. Evidence of projects and events that support the candidate’s activities in the digital humanities
Information about the Universidad de los Andes, the School of Arts and Humanities and the MA in Digital Humanities can be found in the following links:
* Selected finalists will be notified by email in order to be interviewed by the Search Committee.
* The interview includes a class lecture that uses digital tools as well as a conference based on the candidate’s research.
* The interviews, lectures and conferences will take place in October 2017.
* The candidates will be informed of the final result by the end of November 2017.
School of Arts and Humanities
Universidad de los Andes
More information about the Humanist