[Humanist] 31.255 pubs: Journal of Internet Histories 1.3

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Aug 18 10:09:58 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 13:30:35 +0000
        From: Niels Brügger <nb at cc.au.dk>
        Subject: New issue of the journal Internet Histories

New issue of the journal Internet Histories is now out! In issue 1(3) you'll find the following articles:

What is “internet”? The case for the proper noun and why it is important
Morten Bay

When search engines stopped being human: menu interfaces and the rise of the ideological nature of algorithmic search
Niels Kerssens--OPEN ACCESS

Towards a nonlinear, material history of digital swarms
Alberto Micali

Infonie: a forced conversion to the Internet (1995–2000)
Stéphanie Le Gallic

Conversations with a pioneer: Paul Baran in his own words
Morten Bay

You can find more information about all the articles here http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rint20/1/3?nav=tocList

Please also consider submitting an article to the journal, more information about submission can be found here http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=rint20&page=instructions. We are already now planning issue 2(1) and we would very much like to have more submissions for this issue within the next 1-2 months.

-Niels Brügger

NIELS BRÜGGER, Professor (MSO, with special responsibilities), PhD
Head of the Centre for Internet Studies, and of NetLab
School of Communication and Culture
Aarhus University
Helsingforsgade 14, building 5347, room 236
8200 Aarhus N
Denmark

The Centre for Internet Studies, http://cfi.au.dk
NetLab, http://netlab.dk