[Humanist] 31.241 pubs: the shifting contexts cfp
Humanist Discussion Group
willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Aug 11 07:09:22 CEST 2017
Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 31, No. 241.
Department of Digital Humanities, King's College London
Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:30:29 +0000
From: "Lobay, Megan" <megan.lobay at ubc.ca>
Subject: Call for Papers: Digital Humanities - The Shifting Contexts
Call for Papers: Digital Humanities – The Shifting Contexts
Digital Library Perspectives
This special edition of Digital Library Perspectives focuses on the topic of Digital Humanities, with emphasis on the shifting framework of scholars and practitioners who do not necessarily identify themselves digital humanists but use Digital Humanities tools and practices in their work. The Guest Editors of this issue include Dr. Megan Meredith-Lobay (University of British Columbia) and Allan Cho (University of British Columbia).
The co-editors invite contributions on the following, as well as other related topics:
* Role of LIS in supporting non-traditional DH areas of scholarship, i.e. New Media Studies, Musicology, Archaeology, non-textual DH
* Emerging areas of research, teaching, learning in the digital scholarship in the social sciences and humanities
* Beyond “What is DH?” - exploring “Why DH?”
* Non-traditional DH practice and practitioners: inclusion and exclusion
* DH in non-western contexts
* The intersections between DH and digital social science
* Digital Humanities as Data Science
Deadline for submission: December 2017
Notification of acceptance: April 2018
Deadline for final paper submission: June 2018
Papers should be no more than 6000 words
Submissions to Digital Library Perspectives are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration for an account needs to be created first: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/dlp.
For more information, please email the Editors at any time to discuss your paper proposals. Thank you!
Megan Meredith-Lobay, Ph.D.
Scientific Analyst, Digital Humanities and Social Sciences
Advanced Research Computing | Vice President Research
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
112A 2386 East Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z3 Canada
Phone 604 822 9066
megan.lobay at ubc.ca
More information about the Humanist