[Humanist] 31.240 legal decisions and reasoning: 18C statutes

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Aug 11 07:08:36 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 15:05:55 +0100
        From: John Levin <john at anterotesis.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 31.239 legal decisions and legal reasoning

In relation to the recent posts on the legal and the digital, I am
currently creating a corpus of historic English / British statutes,
concentrating on the c18th. So far, I am at the stage of automatically
correcting the OCR of the Danby Pickering edition of the Statutes At
Large. It's all about the technical problem of improving the text
quality at the moment; there's no actual analysis of the laws themselves
yet.

There's also the raw OCR of 10 volumes of pre-union Irish statutes.

Project site:
http://statutes.org.uk/site/
Github repository:
https://github.com/Anterotesis/statutes