[Humanist] 31.237 use of metrics in research assessment?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Aug 10 07:19:51 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 14:22:03 -0400
        From: Kathleen Fitzpatrick <kfitz47 at gmail.com>
        Subject: Survey: uses of (alt)metrics in research assessment in HSS

Dear colleagues,

Rebecca Kennison (of K|N Consultants) and I are conducting a study of the ways that metrics, including newer forms of alternative metrics, are used in research assessment in humanities and social science fields. We hope to dig into both current practices and best practices, including cautions, in the uses of such data.

To that end, we’ve posted a brief survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/altmetricsHSS

Please help us by completing this survey and passing the link on to others who may be interested.

Many thanks,
Kathleen

Kathleen Fitzpatrick
Associate Executive Director and Director of Scholarly Communication
Modern Language Association // mla.org // @kfitz