[Humanist] 31.235 academic admin position (UCLA)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Aug 9 08:21:50 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 19:16:45 +0000
        From: Miriam Posner <miriam.posner at gmail.com>
        Subject: Job: Academic Administrator, DH Program, UCLA

UCLA has just posted the following position. I'm happy to answer questions
if I can, or to direct you to someone better equipped.

Miriam Posner
mposner at humnet.ucla.edu
Assistant Professor, Information Studies & Digital Humanities
University of California, Los Angeles

DIGITAL HUMANITIES ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATOR, UCLA

Reporting to the Chair of the Digital Humanities Program, the Digital
Humanities Academic Administrator is part of the core faculty of the
Digital Humanities program and is responsible for developing new courses
and teaching in the Digital Humanities program, advising undergraduate and
graduate students, and overseeing a variety of student development
initiatives. The Academic Administrator will work closely with the Digital
Humanities Chair and affiliated faculty to schedule and plan course
offerings, place students in mentorships and/or apprenticeships, recruit
and advise students, and collaborate with the Library, Centers, and
Institutes at UCLA. The Academic Administrator will also teach one digital
humanities course per quarter (such as an introductory methods course, an
advanced DH content course, an undergraduate or graduate capstone, a
mentorship course, or other digital humanities class, which may comprise
project management oversight rather than traditionally-defined teaching
duties). This position provides a unique opportunity for autonomy and
latitude amidst a community of faculty and staff who are committed to
helping this person to succeed. We encourage the person in this position to
develop his or her research agenda, and we allocate 20% of work time for
that purpose.

Application deadline: October 1
View the full description here: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF03207