[Humanist] 31.234 pubs: Festschrift for Rafael Capurro

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Aug 8 07:19:33 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 23:37:27 +0530
        From: Arun Tripathi <tirelessarun at googlemail.com>
        Subject: Information Cultures in the Digital Age: A Festschrift in Honour of Rafael Capurro

Dear Professor McCarty-ji:

It is my honor to announce that Information Cultures in the Digital Age: A
Festschrift in Honor of Rafael Capurro is now published by Springer in
August 2016.

Information Cultures in the Digital Age: A Festschrift in Honor of Rafael
Capurro (Edited by Matthew Kelly & Jared Bielby), Springer Verlag, Wiesbaden
2016.

For several decades Rafael Capurro has been at the forefront of defining the
relationship between information and modernity through both phenomenological
and ethical formulations. In exploring both of these themes Capurro has
re-vivified the transcultural and intercultural expressions of how we bring
an understanding of information to bear on scientific knowledge production
and intermediation.  This Festschrift seeks to celebrate Rafael Capurro’s
important contribution to a global dialogue on how information
conceptualisation, use and technology impact human culture and the ethical
questions that arise from this dynamic relationship.

In the book, Information Cultures in the Digital Age: A Festschrift in Honor
of Rafael Capurro  (Edited by Matthew Kelly & Jared Bielby) I have also
contributed a chapter The Significance of Digital Hermeneutics for the
Philosophy of Technology.

Reference: Tripathi, AK (2016) The significance of digital hermeneutics for
the philosophy of technology. In M.Kelly & J. Bielby (Eds.), Information
cultures in the digital age: A Festschrift in honor of Rafael Capurro (pp.
143 – 157).Wiesbaden, Germany: Springer

With kind regards,
Arun Kumar Tripathi