[Humanist] 31.225 how to support research databases?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Aug 4 08:02:49 CEST 2017

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:43:02 +0000
        From: Library.Research Support <lib-researchsupport at ucl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Research Databases service - survey

Dear colleagues,

UCL Research IT Services and Library Services are assessing the feasibility of setting up a university service supporting research databases. We would like to understand what technologies are currently available and what would be the costs of developing and implementing such a service.

We are interested in research databases only (including relational databases, graph databases, NoSQL databases, and RDF triplestores). Please do not include administrative databases in your response.

We are equally interested in hearing from institutions that provide a research database service and those that don't offer a service of this kind, as we wish to understand their reasons for not doing so.

Complete the survey now: bit.ly/2spRvny http://bit.ly/2spRvny . The closing date is Friday 18th August, 2017.

Best wishes
Myriam

Myriam Fellous-Sigrist