[Humanist] 30.447 another book of interest on the early history

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Oct 29 07:17:19 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 10:00:33 +0100
        From: Ken Kahn <toontalk at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re:  30.437 a book of interest on the early history

An interesting book based on a series of lectures at MIT in 1961 is Computers
and the World of the Future
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/computers-and-world-future>

Contributors include C.P. Snow, Walter A. Rosenblith, Norbert Wiener,
Vannevar Bush, Herbert A. Simon, Howard W. Johnson, Marvin L. Minsky, Peter
Elias, J. C. R. Licklider, Elting E. Morison, Philip M. Morse, Jay W.
Forrester, Grace M. Hopper, Alan J. Perlis, John R. Pierce, Robert C.
Sprague, Claude E. Shannon, Charles C. Holt, John G. Kemeny, Donald J.
Marquis, Gene M. Amdahl, Sidney S. Alexander, Robert M. Fano, and others.

-ken

On 26 October 2016 at 06:40, Humanist Discussion Group <