[Humanist] 30.424 events: Utah Symposium on the Digital Humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 20 07:08:58 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 18:51:16 +0000
        From: Jeremy Browne <jeremy_browne at byu.edu>
        Subject: DHU2: Utah DH Symposium 2017

Regional Conference: Utah Symposium on the Digital Humanities
February 10-11, 2017
Marriott Library, University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Keynote by Dr. Alan Liu, University of California, Santa Barbara
Registration: $50 ($25 student)
Submissions (300-word abstracts) are now being accepted for consideration
http://digital.humanities.utah.edu/dhu2

Feel free to forward this announcement to any interested parties.

- - - - -

DHU2, the second annual Utah Symposium on the Digital Humanities, is now accepting registrations and abstracts. This symposium will be held Feb 10-11, 2017, at the Marriott Library on the campus of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. All interested scholars and students are invited to participate, and we extend a special invitation to those in the Western United States.

The meeting will begin on a Friday afternoon with a keynote address by Dr. Alan Liu (UC Santa Barbara) and an evening social. Saturday will be a full day of panels and presentations. The registration cost, which includes breakfast and lunch on Saturday, is only $50, and there are a limited number of student places discounted to $25.

The abstract submission deadline is approaching fast, but the selection process only requires a 300-word abstract.

You will find more information including housing options, the call for papers, and a list of our generous sponsors on the symposium's website:

http://digital.humanities.utah.edu/dhu2

We hope to see you next February in Salt Lake City.

The DHU2 Planning Committee:

Rebekah Cummings, University of Utah (executive committee co-chair)
David Roh, University of Utah (executive committee co-chair)

Jeremy Browne, Brigham Young University
Eileen Chanza Torres, Westminster College
Luke Fernandez, Weber State University
Billy Hall, Brigham Young University
Melanie Hinton, Dixie State University
Kate McPherson, Utah Valley University
Ryan Moeller, Utah State University
Matt Nickerson, Southern Utah University
Julia Panko, Weber State University
Elizabeth Smart, Brigham Young University
Lisa Swanstrom, University of Utah