[Humanist] 30.415 pubs: the Internet in Plain Sight

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Oct 17 07:30:07 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 21:26:29 +0200
        From: Alexandre Hocquet <alexandre.hocquet at univ-lorraine.fr>
        Subject: How to See the Internet Hiding in Plain Sight

How to See the Internet Hiding in Plain Sight
or
Ingrid Burrington, Networks of New York: An Illustrated Field Guide to Urban Internet Infrastructure (Melville House, 2016).
-----

Apologies if it has been mentionned before. I came across
serendipitously on this art infrastructure project

http://gizmodo.com/how-to-see-the-internet-hiding-in-plain-sight-1787633653

which is also a book

http://www.mhpbooks.com/books/networks-of-new-york/

As maintainers and infrastructure studies have been debated recently on
the list, I wondered if it was known, and if it was, what do SIGCISers
think about this piece?

Alexandre Hocquet

Université de Lorraine & Archives Henri Poincaré
Alexandre.Hocquet at univ-lorraine.fr
http://poincare.univ-lorraine.fr/fr/membre-titulaire/alexandre-hocquet