[Humanist] 30.406 even more on flowcharts?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Oct 12 08:06:38 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 06:56:23 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: even more on flowcharts

In this post-programming phase of flowchart's history, what role does the
flowcharts play in the public sphere?

There are a few serious ones I have encountered, e.g. in a hospital Accident
& Emergency room. Otherwise the ones I find are almost all humorous, in
cartoons (to use Scott McCloud's distinction between them and comics). The
question is, why are they humorous, and what does this tell us about the
public view of computational reasoning?

Reflections (and references to studies) most welcome.

University