[Humanist] 30.521 events: authorship; the book; preservation; dance data

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 25 05:48:52 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Hetty Blades <HettyBlades at hotmail.com>                     (3)
        Subject: Digital Echoes 2017: call for papers

  [2]   From:    Emily V Franzini <efranzini at gcdh.de>                      (22)
        Subject: GDDH 2016-17 Seminar reminder: Professor Sir Brian Vickers
                on Elizabethan drama

  [3]   From:    Sharon Webb <Sharon.Webb at sussex.ac.uk>                    (13)
        Subject: DPASSH 2017 Scholarship Announcement

  [4]   From:    Lindsey Seatter <lseatter at uvic.ca>                        (11)
        Subject: Reminder: SHARP 2017 Call for Proposals

        Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 13:23:20 +0000
        From: Hetty Blades <HettyBlades at hotmail.com>

The Centre for Dance Research, Coventry University (C-DaRE) is inviting proposals for our 7th Digital Echoes Symposium,  "Dance Data: Libraries and Processes" (10 March 2017, Coventry University).

Our focus this year is the generation, uses, and distribution of digital dance data. The event will explore critical questions stemming from the re-forming and re-contextualisation of dance through digitisation, examining the effects on the ontology, form, and potentials of dance (and data). We will consider dance digitisation as an emergent practice and ask what it may mean for future artistic and academic endeavours, for spectatorship, education, and disciplinary exchange. The event will include presentations from Maaike Bleeker and Scott deLahunta, and the UK launch of Bleeker's edited collection Transmission in Motion: The Technologizing of Dance, recently published by Routledge.

For more detailed information about content and the call for presentations please visit: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/research/research-directories/research-news/2016/call-for-proposals-digital-echoes-symposium-2017/