[Humanist] 30.516 events: DHSI 2017

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Nov 22 07:42:02 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Bethany Nowviskie <bnowviskie at clir.org>                   (18)
        Subject: DLF-DHSI tuition awards + reduced rates to 2017 DHSI for
                *anyone* affiliated with a DLF member org

  [2]   From:    Lindsey Seatter <lseatter at uvic.ca>                        (11)
        Subject: DHSI 2017 Colloquium CFP

        Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 12:04:15 +0000
        From: Bethany Nowviskie <bnowviskie at clir.org>
        Subject: DLF-DHSI tuition awards + reduced rates to 2017 DHSI for *anyone* affiliated with a DLF member org

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Katherine Kim <kkim at CLIR.ORG<mailto:kkim at clir.org>>
> Subject: DLF-DHSI tuition awards + reduced rates to 2017 DHSI for *anyone* affiliated with a DLF member org
> Date: November 18, 2016 at 2:51:13 PM EST

Are you affiliated with a DLF member institution <http://www.diglib.org/members>? If so, you’re eligible to register at a deeply reduced rate for the 2017 Digital Humanities Summer Institute <http://www.dhsi.org/> in Victoria, B.C., using DLF discount codes available here <http://dhsi.org/registration.html>. The Digital Humanities Summer Institute has grown by leaps and bounds -- there will be 49 courses and 15 short workshops in the summer of 2017 (June 5-9 and 12-16), with the University of Victoria Libraries and the Electronic Textual Cultures Lab hosting the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing 2017 conference, “Technologies of the Book <http://www.sharp2017.com/>,” from June 9-12.

Digital Library Federation members are also eligible for one of three free tuition awards we’re offering, and we’ve made the application process very lightweight; please visit our call for applications for more details: https://www.diglib.org/archives/13011/

The application <http://bit.ly/2fkXDEo> will request the following information:

1.       Contact information
2.       Brief, one-paragraph bio
3.       A one-paragraph statement about how attending DHSI might expand your professional horizons, what you hope to learn, and what skills or ideas you might bring back from DHSI to the DLF community.

The deadline for applying is Friday, December 2, 2016.

All best,
--
Katherine S Kim
Program Associate