[Humanist] 30.512 pubs: Victorian Illustrated Shakespeare Archive

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 21 07:25:30 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 13:13:11 +0000
        From: Michael Goodman <GoodmanMJ at cardiff.ac.uk>
        Subject: Victorian Illustrated Shakespeare Archive

Dear all,

I hope this may be of interest to subscribers. Back in late August I launched my PhD project, The Victorian Illustrated Shakespeare Archive (shakespeareillustration.org). It contains over 3000 illustrations from four of the most significant illustrated editions of Shakespeare's works in the Victorian period. All images have been tagged bibliographically and iconographically and there are numerous pathways through the archive.

To learn more have a read of: http://hyperallergic.com/326101/to-browse-or-not-to-browse-3000-victorian-illustrations-of-shakespeare-published-online/
And: http://www.openculture.com/2016/09/3000-illustrations-of-shakespeares-complete-works-from-victorian-england.html

All the very best,

Michael

Michael Goodman
RA on Cardiff University's Digital Humanities Network
School of English, Communication and Philosophy
Cardiff University
John Percival Building
Colum Drive
Cardiff