[Humanist] 30.491 pubs: Virtual Paul's Cross award; good vibrations

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 14 08:45:19 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    lachance at chass.utoronto.ca                                (19)
        Subject: From NY Times - hints on good computer relations

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (27)
        Subject: Virtual Paul's Cross Project

        Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 20:44:27 -0500 (EST)
        From: lachance at chass.utoronto.ca

Willard

You and subscribers to Humanist might enjoy one poet's take on the feral
computer: a poem by Gary Snyder of which I give beginning and end...

January 22, 2010.
NY Times

Gary Snyder

Why I Take Good Care of My Macintosh

Because it broods under its hood like a perched falcon,

Because it jumps like a skittish horse and sometimes throws me,

[Â
]

Because I have let it move in with me right inside the tent,

And it goes with me out every morning;

We fill up our baskets, get back home,

Feel rich, relax, I throw it a scrap and it hums.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/technology/personaltech/22sfbriefs.html

--
Francois Lachance
Scholar-at-large