[Humanist] 30.53 new journal: Cultural Analytics

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu May 26 07:29:07 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 14:07:04 +0000
        From: "Andrew Piper, Prof." <andrew.piper at mcgill.ca>
        Subject: Announcing CA: Journal of Cultural Analytics

It is a great pleasure to announce the launch of CA: Journal of Cultural Analytics, a new web-based open-access journal:

http://culturalanalytics.org

Cultural Analytics is a new journal dedicated to the computational study of culture. Its aim is to promote high quality scholarship that intervenes in contemporary debates about the study of culture using computational and quantitative methods. We are looking for articles that combine theoretical sophistication, computational expertise, and grounding in a particular field towards the crafting of novel, thought-provoking arguments. In combining the very best of the humanities and the social and computational sciences, Cultural Analytics aims to challenge disciplinary boundaries and serve as the foundational publishing venue of a major new intellectual movement.

We welcome your submissions and feedback.

Sincerely,

Andrew Piper
Associate Professor and William Dawson Scholar
Director, .txtLAB @ McGill http://txtlab.org/
Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures
McGill University
andrew.piper at mcgill.ca<mailto:andrew.piper at mcgill.ca>