[Humanist] 30.35 funding for a scoping review

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed May 18 07:22:52 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 17:14:02 +0000
        From: Andrew Prescott <Andrew.Prescott at glasgow.ac.uk>
        Subject: Scoping review: Ways of being in a digital age - Invitation to submit Expressions of Interest

Begin forwarded message:

> From: ESRC Digital Age <ESRCDigitalAge at esrc.ac.uk<mailto:ESRCDigitalAge at esrc.ac.uk>>
> Date: 17 May 2016 at 16:33:35 BST
> To: "Andrew.Prescott at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:Andrew.Prescott at glasgow.ac.uk>" <Andrew.Prescott at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:Andrew.Prescott at glasgow.ac.uk>>
> Subject: Scoping review: Ways of being in a digital age - Invitation to submit Expressions of Interest

Dear Professor Prescott,

The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) is delighted to invite Expressions of Interest (EoI) for a scoping review to inform a future ESRC initiative on ‘Ways of being in a digital age’. This is an exciting opportunity to inform ESRC’s possible future strategic investment and provide a more holistic view of how digital technology mediates our lives, and the way technological and social change co-evolve and impact each other.

This is a broad and much researched area, so the purpose of the scoping review is to undertake a systematic literature review and synthesis; to identify gaps in current research and determine where the ESRC should focus any initiative to add most value. Through this process the aim of the scoping review is also to build new networks and extend existing ones across the academic community, amongst other stakeholders and potential funding partners.

The scoping review is for a maximum duration of eight months and must commence no later than 1 August 2016. The maximum budget for the scoping review is £300,000 at 100 per cent in full economic costs. In accordance with RCUK policy, the ESRC will contribute up to 80 per cent of the full economic costs. EoIs should be submitted by email to esrcdigitalage at esrc.ac.uk<mailto:esrcdigitalage at esrc.ac.uk> no later than 16.00 on 10 June 2016.

For more information please see the call specification: http://www.esrc.ac.uk/funding/funding-opportunities/scoping-review-ways-of-being-in-a-digital-age. In case you have further questions kindly contact Amanda Rodgers (Amanda.Rodgers at esrc.ac.uk<mailto:Amanda.Rodgers at esrc.ac.uk>) or myself (Tjorven.Sievers at esrc.ac.uk<mailto:Tjorven.Sievers at esrc.ac.uk>).

Please feel free to disseminate this funding opportunity to your networks and contacts as appropriate.

Many thanks,

Tjorven Sievers

Tjorven Sievers
Research Portfolio Officer
Society & Global Security Team
Economic and Social Research Council
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon SN2 1 UJ
+44 (0)1793 41 3127 I www.esrc.ac.uk http://www.esrc.ac.uk/  I Twitter: @esrc and @esrcpress