[Humanist] 30.17 Oxford Summer School registration

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri May 13 06:50:35 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 16:16:15 +0100
        From: James Cummings <James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk>
        Subject: Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School 2016: Registration Deadline Extended by Popular Request!

Please forward!

We've had multiple enquiries about whether the registration deadline for the
Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School (4-8 July 2016) could be extended
from those seeking institutional or other funding. Our events team have
negotiated with some of our suppliers and we've managed to extend it by one
week to the 13 June 2016. They have also been able to reserve some additional
accommodation (the main accommodation is filling up quickly). However, the
extended deadline is not a guarantee that there will be space on your chosen
workshop. Book early to guarantee a place!

-James

====
Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School
--  4 - 8 July 2016

Scholarship -- Application -- Community

http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/

Do you work in the Humanities or support people who do?

Are you interested in how the digital can help your research?

Come and learn from experts with participants from around the world, from every
field and career stage, to develop your knowledge and acquire new skills.

Immerse yourself for a week in one of our 8 workshop strands, and widen your
horizons through the keynote and additional sessions.

Workshops:

An Introduction to Digital Humanities
--  "Expert insights into our digital landscape"

An Introduction to the Guidelines of the Text Encoding Initiative
--  "Markup for Textual Research"

Analysing Humanities Data
--  "An Introduction to Knowledge-Based Computing with the Wolfram Language"

Digital Musicology
--  "Applied computational and informatics methods for enhancing musicology"

From Text to Tech
--  "Corpus and Computational Linguistics for powerful text processing in the
Humanities"

Humanities Data: A Hands-On Approach
--  "Making the Most of Messy Data"

Linked Data for Digital Humanities
--  "Publishing, Querying, and Linking on the Semantic Web"

Social Humanities: Citizens at Scale in the Digital World
--  "Social Media, Citizen Science, and Social Machines"

Keynotes:
- Opening Keynote: Identifying the point of it all: Towards a Model of "Digital
Infrapuncture", Deb Verhoeven (Deakin University)
- Closing Keynote: Open Access and Digital Humanities -- Opening up to the
World, Isabel Galina, (Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico)

Additional Lectures:
Supplement your chosen workshop with a choice of 3 from 9 additional morning
lectures sessions (Tue-Thurs) covering a variety of Digital Humanities topics.
http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/lectures

Evening Events:
Join us for events every evening, include a research poster and drinks
reception, the annual TORCH Digital Humanities lecture, and a dinner at Exeter
College. http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/events

Registration:
Reduced fees are available for academics and students, as well as group
bookings see the registration page at http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/
dhoxss/2016/registration for details.

For more information see: http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/

Directors of DHOxSS,
James Cummings
Pip Willcox

--
Dr James Cummings, Academic IT Services, University of Oxford,
Registration Open: Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School, 4-8 July 2016