[Humanist] 30.11 archivist & resources manager (Royal Society)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed May 11 07:06:43 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 10:51:33 +0000
        From: "Baker, Rupert" <Rupert.Baker at ROYALSOCIETY.ORG>
        Subject: Royal Society: Archivist & Digital Resources Manager

Archivist & Digital Resources Manager

The Royal Society is the oldest scientific academy<https://royalsociety.org/about-us/history> in continuous existence and the organisation owns some of the world's most important manuscripts, books, paintings and objects relating to the history of science. We would like to share these resources with the world.

We wish to recruit an Archivist or Historian with experience in preserving and presenting archives, manuscripts and other materials as digital resources for public and academic audiences. The post-holder should be capable of planning and executing projects aimed at expressing these treasures online. Applicants should have good project management, procurement and database skills with knowledge of image capture and metadata standards for archives. The successful candidate will work within a small curatorial team and will develop ideas aimed at exciting new audiences about science and its heritage.
Closing date for applicants is Thursday 26 May 2016. We will be holding interviews on Friday 3 June 2016. For further information contact humanresources at royalsociety.org<mailto:humanresources at royalsociety.org>.

Online application<https://recruit.royalsociety.org/AccessSelect.rEcruit/Recruitment/Vacancies.aspx>

View person specification document<https://recruit.royalsociety.org/AccessSelect.rEcruit/Recruitment/File.aspx?enc=E10827A37EE598AFBA3E450B30CDF408F9C8C482FC9F38E6>

View job specification document<https://recruit.royalsociety.org/AccessSelect.rEcruit/Recruitment/File.aspx?enc=E10827A37EE598AFFDA8901E222F192ECADF240ECD361560>

Rupert Baker