[Humanist] 29.799 events: textual editing; data visualisation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Mar 21 07:18:43 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Wout Dillen <wout.dillen at gmail.com>                       (33)
        Subject: *ONE WEEK* extension of the deadline for the CfP of DiXiT 3
                + ESTS 2016.

  [2]   From:    Elisabeth Henriette Meijer                                (10)
                <E.H.Meijer at PGR.READING.AC.UK>
        Subject: Digital Visualisation Colloquium, University of Reading

        Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 18:06:35 +0100
        From: Wout Dillen <wout.dillen at gmail.com>
        Subject: *ONE WEEK* extension of the deadline for the CfP of DiXiT 3 + ESTS 2016.

Dear List,

Due to popular demand both at and after the DiXiT 2 convention that took place in Cologne last week, we have decided to extend the deadline for our CfP of the third DiXiT convention (which will be organized in conjunction with the European Society for Textual Scholarship) with one week. This way we hope to give everyone a chance to digest what they heard and learnt at DiXiT 2, and process it in their abstracts for DiXiT 3.

The new and final deadline for submitting abstracts for poster or paper presentations for the DiXiT 3 + ESTS 2016 conference is next Friday, the 25th of March 2016. The conference theme is: Digital Scholarly Editing: Theory, Practice Methods, and will focus on the impact of the digital medium on the theory and practice of Textual Criticism and Scholarly Editing.

The conference will take place from Wednesday 5 to Friday 7 October 2016 at the University of Antwerp, Belgium, where it will be hosted by the Centre for Manuscript Genetics. The conference is organized in conjunction with DiXiT, the Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN) on Digital Scholarly Editing, and the European Society for Textual Scholarship (ESTS).

Confirmed keynote speakers are Kathryn Sutherland and Paul Eggert; and the conference's guests of honour are Hans Walter Gabler and Peter Shillingsburg. The day before the conference (on the 4th of October 2016), the host institution will also organize a day of pre-conference workshops on such topics as
- complexities of project logistics;
- assessing digital representations and encodings of a critical apparatus;
- the state of the art of automatic collation tools.

Below you will find more information on how to submit abstracts for the conference, more information on some of our confirmed pre-conference workshops, and contact information.

All the best,
Dirk Van Hulle and Wout Dillen
on behalf of the OC

ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
—————————————
Abstracts of up to 300 words can be sent to Dirk Van Hulle (dirk.vanhulle at uantwerpen.be <mailto:dirk.vanhulle at uantwerpen.be>) or Wout Dillen (wout.dillen at uantwerpen.be <mailto:wout.dillen at uantwerpen.be>) by Sunday 27th or March 2016. Abstracts can either be for 20-minute conference papers, or for poster presentations. Please state clearly in the abstract whether you would like to submit it as a paper, or as a poster.

PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS
—————————————————
On the 4th of October, the day before the conference takes off, the host institution will also organize a day of pre-conference workshops that includes two so-called 'DiXiT Add-ons': a half-day workshop on Complexities of Project Logistics, and a full-day workshop on Digital Scholarly Editions and Textual Criticism, that will include a State of the Art of Automatic Collation Tools.

CONTACT AND MORE INFORMATION
——————————————————
email:
Dirk Van Hulle (dirk.vanhulle at uantwerpen.be <mailto:dirk.vanhulle at uantwerpen.be>)