[Humanist] 29.770 EEBO OCR'd

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Mar 11 09:45:44 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:33:43 -0600
        From: Aaron McCollough <amccollo at illinois.edu>
        Subject: Re:  29.769 pubs: EEBO OCR'd, needing correction

FWIW, this is an invidious characterization of the EEBO-Text Creation
Partnership... a project without which 18th Connect would not have been
feasible, and a project which has been facilitating significantly the
research of early modern scholars for over 15 years.

Nothing against Laura and her project, but it shouldn't be necessary to
throw shade on needful work that came before in order to bring one's own
work into the light.

Aaron McCollough (formerly an EEBO-TCP outreach librarian)

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Humanist Discussion Group <

--

*Aaron McCollough*
Scholarly Communications & Publishing Librarian