[Humanist] 29.767 publication & data fellowships (NEH); postdocs (Bucharest)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 09:11:08 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Wells, Sarah P. (spw4s)" <spw4s at eservices.virginia.edu>  (27)
        Subject: NEH ODH Update: Fellowships for Digital Publication; New
                Digging into Data Challenge; Jason Rhody

  [2]   From:    Dana Jalobeanu <dana.jalobeanu at GMAIL.COM>                  (4)
        Subject: Post-doc Fellowships at the Institute for Research in the
                Humanities, University of Bucharest

        Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 21:04:21 +0000
        From: "Wells, Sarah P. (spw4s)" <spw4s at eservices.virginia.edu>
        Subject: NEH ODH Update: Fellowships for Digital Publication; New Digging into Data Challenge; Jason Rhody

National Endowment for the Humanities
Office of Digital Humanities
ODH Update
March 9, 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We have not one, but TWO new grant programs to tell you about! Please apply or encourage your colleagues to do so. See below for details.

I also wanted to take a moment to recognize that my long-time colleague in ODH, Jason Rhody, will soon be leaving ODH for a fantastic new opportunity at the Social Science Research Council <http://www.ssrc.org/>. Jason has been absolutely central to our work for many years and we will greatly miss him! Plus, he invented the term Alt-Ac <https://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2013/05/22/essay-defining-alt-ac-new-phd-job-searches>. ☺

So if you see Jason, do wish him the best with his new position!

Announcing the NEH-Mellon Fellowships for Digital Publication

Great scholarship can be communicated in many forms – books and articles, of course, but also through multimedia, including interactive or enhanced ebooks, websites, audio clips, videos, and other formats. Today, we are also seeing scholarly presses begin to peer review and publish digital publications of various kinds. To help accelerate the creation of these new forms of scholarly communication, the National Endowment for the Humanities and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation are pleased to announce the NEH-Mellon Fellowships for Digital Publication. [more]<http://www.neh.gov/divisions/odh/grant-news/announcing-the-neh-mellon-fellowships-digital-publication>

Announcing the T-AP Digging into Data Challenge

The Digging into Data Challenge has been funding cutting-edge digital research in the humanities and social sciences since 2009. Now under the auspices of T-AP, the program will support collaborative research teams from three continents: Europe (Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal (to be confirmed) and the United Kingdom); North America (Canada, Mexico, the United States); and South America (Brazil and Argentina). If you are doing international digital research, please consider applying! [more]<http://diggingintodata.org/awards/2016/news/announcing-t-ap-digging-data-challenge-2016>

Thanks,
Brett

Brett Bobley
Chief Information Officer
Director, Office of Digital Humanities
National Endowment for the Humanities
http://www.neh.gov/odh/
(202) 606-8401<tel:%28202%29%20606-8401>
bbobley at neh.gov<mailto:bbobley at neh.gov>

Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/NEH_ODH>
Subscribe to this Newsletter<https://securegrants.neh.gov/dhi.asp>
To contact us: odh at neh.gov<mailto:odh at neh.gov>