[Humanist] 30.201 Dilbert on AI

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Jul 25 07:53:19 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 19:26:30 -0400 (EDT)
        From: lachance at chass.utoronto.ca
        Subject: Dilbert on AI

Willard,

A transcription for the wise readers of Humanist.

From Scott Adams 2016

First panel:
-- It it turn that you invented a vice with human intelligence and human
emotions?
-- Yes.

Second Panel
-- I'd give you a demo but the device is depressed and wants to be let alone.
-- It looks like a block of wood.

Final Panel
-- I'm only trying to copy the human mind. There's no reason to
over-engineer it.
-- I can respect that.

The sinologist might detect an allusion to Pu, the uncharted block of
Taoist thought. :)

--
Francois Lachance
Scholar-at-large