[Humanist] 30.175 mailing list for media labs

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jul 15 06:58:53 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:47:12 -0600
        From: Lori Emerson <Lori.Emerson at colorado.edu>

Dear all, I wanted to let you know about a new a mailing list we've
created, called “whatisamedialab,” for those interested in discussing both
the theoretical and the practical/infrastructural aspects of media labs
(particularly those in the arts and humanities) as well as best practices
for lab management. While the impetus for the list is our collaborative
book project and accompanying website (http://whatisamedialab.com), we hope
this listserv extends far beyond the concerns and lifetime of the book
project.

If you would like to join the listserv to discuss aspects of running or
participating in media labs, please follow the instructions below. If you
have any problems, feel free to contact me (Lori Emerson) for assistance
and I can subscribe you manually.

The homepage for the mailing list is here:
https://lists.colorado.edu/sympa/info/whatisamedialab

We hope you'll join the conversation and please do forward this message far
and wide!

Sincerely,
Lori Emerson // Jussi Parikka // Darren Wershler

----

1) Send a message to sympa at lists.colorado.edu from the address you want to
subscribe to the list.
2) In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe whatisamedialab
Firstname Surname (indicate your own first name and surname).
3) Leave the message body blank.
4) After this, you will receive a message telling you whether your request
was accepted or not. You should keep your subscription notice: you may need
it later to remember your password or to send a precise command to Sympa
(example: signoff command).

--
Lori Emerson
Associate Professor | Director, Media Archaeology Lab