[Humanist] 30.145 Spanish language editor for The Programming Historian?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 5 09:36:04 CEST 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 06:57:06 +0100
        From: Adam Crymble <adam.crymble at gmail.com>
        Subject: Programming Historian seeks Spanish Language Editor

Dear Humanists,

Building on our commitment to diversity and access, The Programming
Historian (http://programminghistorian.org) is seeking a new team member
to help us bring the project to 400-million Spanish speakers worldwide. We
envisage this to include both translation of existing resources, and the
cultivating of a Spanish-language community of users and contributors.
There is significant scope to make this role your own.

You can read about our internal discussion about this role at:

https://github.com/programminghistorian/jekyll/issues/246

Adam Crymble (University of Hertfordshire) will offer support on the
practices of The Programming Historian’s editorial approaches and
policies, and the successful candidate will work with Caleb McDaniel (Rice
University) to integrate the new resources into our existing website. In
keeping with our commitment to diversity and access to digital humanities,
the project team are particularly interested in hearing from women, members
of any minority groups, and citizens of non-English speaking countries.

Launched in 2012, The Programming Historian offers more than 45
novice-friendly, peer-reviewed tutorials that help humanists learn a wide
range of digital tools, techniques, and workflows to facilitate their
research. The Programming Historian is a volunteer-led initiative,
controlled entirely by the ‘Editorial Board of the Programming Historian’
with the help of community contributors. It is not a legal entity, and does
not currently receive direct funding from any source. Read our reviews:

   - Lincoln Mullen, 'Review of the Programming Historian
    http://jah.oxfordjournals.org/content/103/1/299.2.full ', The Journal
   of American Historn, vol. 103, no. 1 (2016), pp. 299-301.
   - Cameron Blevins, 'Review of the Programming Historian
    http://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/review-of-the-programming-historian/ ',
*The
   Journal of Interactive Technology & Pedagogy*, vol. 8 (2015)

Interested candidates should submit a 1-page expression of interest
outlining your interests, experience, and vision for the role, to Adam
Crymble (adam.crymble at gmail.com) by 31 July 2016. Please direct any
questions to Adam in the first instance.

*Essential:*

·      Fluent in English and Spanish

·      Time to commit the role

·      Self directed

·      Can attend monthly Skype meetings

*Desired:*

·      Interest in Digital Humanities

·      Experience with digital community building

·      Editorial experience

·      Translation experience

Adam Crymble
Editor, Programming Historian