[Humanist] 29.663 events: history & philosophy of programming; DH Benelux

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jan 28 07:16:16 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Sally Chambers <sally.chambers at ugent.be>                  (24)
        Subject: Last few days: DH Benelux: Call for Proposals

  [2]   From:    Liesbeth De Mol <elizabeth.demol at UGENT.BE>                (87)
        Subject: First CfP HaPoP-3, Paris, 25 June 2016

        Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 09:19:25 +0100
        From: Sally Chambers <sally.chambers at ugent.be>

Dear colleagues,

There are still a few days left to submit your proposal for the 3rd DH Benelux conference (http://www.dhbenelux.org/) will take place on 9-10 June 2016, at the City-of-Science-Belval, Luxembourg organised by the Centre Virtuel de la Connaissance sur l’Europe (CVCE) and the University of Luxembourg. This year we will be welcoming Stephen Ramsay and Arianna Betti as our keynote speakers. Previous conferences were held in The Hague, The Netherlands (2014) and Antwerp, Belgium (2015).

We invite submissions of abstracts on any aspect of digital humanities: practical experimentation, through theorising, cross- and multidisciplinary work, new and relevant developments. Relevant subjects can be any of—but are not limited to—the following:

*Digital media, digitisation, curation of digital objects
*Software studies, data modeling, information design and tool criticism.
*Text mining and data mining
*Applications of Linked Open Data
*Design and application of algorithms for analysis and visualisation methods
*Critical study and digital hermeneutics of digital arts, architecture, music, film, theatre, new media, digital games and cyberculture
*Social and economic aspects of digitality and digital humanities
*Stylometry, topic modeling, sentiment mining and other digital technologies
*Pedagogy, teaching, and dissemination of digital humanities
*Human factors in DH technology: user research, crowd-sourcing, citizen science and public humanities
*Geo-humanities, spatial analysis and applications of GIS for Humanities research
*Digital scholarly editing and ePublications
*Virtual Research Environments / Research Infrastructures

The call is open to all colleagues with an interest and enthusiasm for the humanities or digital technology (and ideally both). Submissions are welcome from researchers at all career stages. We particularly encourage PhD students and junior researchers to submit abstracts. We welcome humanities scholars, developers, computer and information scientists as well as librarians, archivists and museum curators. While the conference has a focus on recent advances in Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg, we warmly welcome contributions from outside the Benelux.

For DH Benelux 2016 we welcome 4 types of proposals: (a) posters (b) application / tool demonstrations (c) short papers and (d) long papers. Depending on the type of proposal you would like to submit, abstracts should be between 500 and 1000 words. The language of the conference is English.

The deadline for submitting abstracts is Sunday 31 January 2016.

Full details about the Call for Proposal and the conference are available on the DH Benelux website: http://www.dhbenelux.org/

We look forward to receiving your proposals!

With best wishes,
Sally Chambers and Catherine Jones

On Behalf of the DH Benelux Programme Committee