[Humanist] 29.603 events: creativity; social media

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jan 8 07:27:06 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Anatoliy" <agruzd at gmail.com>                             (33)
        Subject: Announcement of Keynotes & Final Call for Papers:
                International Conference on Social Media & Society
                #SMSociety (July 11-13, 2016, London, UK)

  [2]   From:    digitalresearch <digitalresearch at bl.uk>                   (16)
        Subject: Free Event: Portrait of the Machine as a Young Artist
                (British Library)

        Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 22:32:58 -0500
        From: "Anatoliy" <agruzd at gmail.com>
        Subject: Announcement of Keynotes & Final Call for Papers: International Conference on Social Media & Society #SMSociety (July 11-13, 2016, London, UK)

***Apologies for cross-posting***

Attention Social Media Researchers!

We are very excited to announce two distinguished Keynotes for this year's
International Conference on Social Media & Society (July 11-13, 2016,
London, UK):

  http://www.southampton.ac.uk/socsci/about/staff/sjh3.page  Dr. Susan
Halford  - Professor and Director of the Web Science Institute at the
University of Southampton

  http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/socstudies/staff/staff-profiles/helen-kennedy
Dr. Helen Kennedy - Professor of Digital Society at the University of
Sheffield

SUBMIT TODAY!
Full papers and Work-in-Progress submissions are due next Friday, January
15. (To submit see http://  http://socialmediaandsociety.org/submit/
socialmediaandsociety.org  http://socialmediaandsociety.org/submit/
/submit/  http://socialmediaandsociety.org/submit/   )

All accepted full papers (5-10 pages) will be published in the ACM
Conference Proceedings (last year's acceptance rate was 40%). In addition,
all presenters will be invited to submit their extended work to two journal
special issues, which will be published in 2017:

.       American Behavioral Scientist  http://abs.sagepub.com/   - published
by SAGE

.       Big Data   http://bds.sagepub.com/  & Society - published by SAGE
(open access)

If you have any questions, please contact us via email at
ask at socialmediaandsociety.org or on Twitter at @SocMediaConf

2016 #SMSociety Organizing Committee:

  Anatoliy Gruzd & Philip Mai, Ryerson University, Canada

  Jenna Jacobson, University of Toronto, Canada

  Dhiraj Murthy & Evelyn Ruppert, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK