[Humanist] 29.722 events: automated & human reasoning; text, speech, dialogue

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Feb 18 07:10:36 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    TSD 2016 <xrambous at aurora.fi.muni.cz>                     (58)
        Subject: TSD 2016 - First Call for Papers

  [2]   From:    Geoff Sutcliffe <geoff at cs.miami.edu>                      (67)
        Subject: 2nd Workshop on Bridging the Gap between Human and Automated
                Reasoning - Call for Papers

        Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 11:24:30 +0000
        From: TSD 2016 <xrambous at aurora.fi.muni.cz>

		     TSD 2016 - FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

Nineteenth International Conference on TEXT, SPEECH and DIALOGUE (TSD 2016)
              Brno, Czech Republic, 12-16 September 2016
                    http://www.tsdconference.org/

The conference is organized by the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk
University, Brno, and the Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of
West Bohemia, Pilsen.  The conference is supported by International
Speech Communication Association.

Venue: Brno, Czech Republic

THE SUBMISSION DEADLINES:

    March 15 2016 ............ Submission of abstracts
    March 22 2016 ............ Submission of full papers

Submission of abstract serves for better organization of the review
process only - for the actual review a full paper submission is
necessary.

TSD SERIES

TSD series evolved as a prime forum for interaction between researchers in
both spoken and written language processing from all over the world.
Proceedings of TSD form a book published by Springer-Verlag in their
Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI) series.  TSD Proceedings
are regularly indexed by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation
Index.  Moreover, LNAI series are listed in all major citation databases
such as DBLP, SCOPUS, EI, INSPEC or COMPENDEX.

The TSD 2016 conference will be accompanied by a one-day satellite workshop

    Community-based Building of Language Resources, CBBLR

    The main topic of the workshop is directed at building new language
    resources, especially for languages with no or too little existing
    language resources.  The workshop is organized in cooperation with the
    HaBiT CZ-NO project Consortium, submissions from other resource
    development projects are more than welcomed.  The workshop submissions
    will undergo two separate review processes - the best papers which will
    succeed in both review processes (by the TSD 2016 Conference PC and
    CBBLR Workshop 2016 PC) will be published in the TSD 2016 Springer
    Proceedings, all other accepted CBBLR workshop papers will be published
    in a separate proceedings with ISBN.  The CBBLR workshop will take
    place on September 12 2016 in the conference venue.

The TSD 2016 conference will be directly followed by a meeting of the
working groups and management committee of the

    ISCH COST Action IS 1305
    European Network of e-Lexicography (ENeL)
    http://www.elexicography.eu/

TOPICS

Topics of the conference will include (but are not limited to):

    Corpora and Language Resources (monolingual, multilingual,
    text and spoken corpora, large web corpora, disambiguation,
    specialized lexicons, dictionaries)

    Speech Recognition (multilingual, continuous, emotional
    speech, handicapped speaker, out-of-vocabulary words,
    alternative way of feature extraction, new models for
    acoustic and language modelling)

    Tagging, Classification and Parsing of Text and Speech
    (morphological and syntactic analysis, synthesis and
    disambiguation, multilingual processing, sentiment analysis,
    credibility analysis, automatic text labeling, summarization,
    authorship attribution)