[Humanist] 29.705 events: the Goettingen Dialog cfp

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Feb 12 07:07:53 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:32:53 +0100
        From: Maria Moritz <mmoritz at gcdh.de>
        Subject: Last CfP: Göttingen Dialog in Digital Humanities 2016

Last Call for Papers: 2016 Göttingen Dialog in Digital Humanities

The Göttingen Dialog in Digital Humanities has established a forum for
the discussion of digital methods applied to all areas of the Humanities
and Social Sciences, including Classics, Philosophy, History,
Literature, Law, Languages, Archaeology and more. The initiative is
organized by the Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH).

The dialogs will take place every Monday from April 11th until early
July 2016 in the form of 90-minute seminars. Seminar content should be
of interest to humanists, digital humanists, librarians and computer
scientists. Furthermore, we proudly announce that Prof. Dr. Stefan
Gradmann (KU Leuven) will be giving the opening keynote on April 11th.

We invite submissions of abstracts describing research which employs
digital methods, resources or technologies in an innovative way in order
to enable a better or new understanding of the humanities, both in the
past and present. We also encourage contributions describing
‘work-in-progress’.

Abstracts should be written in English only. The authors of the
successful abstracts will be asked to contribute a paper to a Digital
Humanities Quarterly (DHQ) special issue. Furthermore, the author(s) of
the best paper and talk will receive a prize of €500, which will be
awarded on the basis of both the quality of the paper (50% weight) and
the presentation of the research (50% weight).

Abstracts should be sent by *February 15th* at midnight CET to
*gddh at gcdh.de* in Word.docx format only and should be a maximum of 3
pages in length.

For more information, please visit:
http://etrap.gcdh.de/call-for-papers-2016-gottingen-dialog-in-digital-humanities/