[Humanist] 29.673 digital Americanists? diggers into data?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Feb 2 09:14:22 CET 2016

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Ryan Cordell <r.cordell at neu.edu>                          (38)
        Subject: Nominate New Board - Digital Americanists

  [2]   From:    GERALDINE CASTEL <geraldine.castel at u-grenoble3.fr>        (11)
        Subject: Looking for North American Partners for the T-AP Digging
                into Data Challenge

        Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 07:32:54 +0000
        From: Ryan Cordell <r.cordell at neu.edu>

Dear colleagues,

Please see this important announcement from the Digital Americanists
scholarly society. If you (or someone you know) is interested in providing
vision for the group's future, please email me with your nomination.

http://digitalamericanists.unl.edu/wordpress/2016/01/24/new-board/

--Ryan Cordell

*Nominate New Board for the Digital Americanists*

Dear Colleagues,

After a few years at the helm of the Digital Americanists, we three have
agreed it is time for new leadership for the group. We were gratified to
see the society grow and to organize several engaging sessions at the
American Literature Association Conference during our tenure. We are
grateful to all of you who have presented work or attended those sessions:
DA is a wonderful community we are proud to have led.

Due to other commitments, however, it has been difficult of late for us to
give the Digital Americanists the time and attention it requires. We are
eager to welcome a completely revamped board who can revitalize the
society’s vision and activities. In the past the primary duty of the
Digital Americanists board has been to plan 1-2 guaranteed sessions for
each year’s ALA Conference, but we encourage the new board to consider
expanding the society’s mandate to other conferences and activities. The
group’s grounding in the ALA gathering has perhaps unnecessarily restricted
a group named the Digital Americanists to include only American literature
scholars. In short, we need creative thinkers with vision for what such a
group might be in 2016.

To that end, we would like to accept nominations for all three board
positions: president, vice president, and treasurer. In the past these
positions have rotated on a three year term, so that someone elected to be
treasurer would serve in each position in turn. Given this wholesale
restructuring, however, we might suggest that the first group elected agree
to serve two years before resuming the rotation—but this could be settled
by the new board after their election.

To nominate someone for one of the society’s positions, please email Ryan
Cordell at r.cordell at neu.edu by February 15, 2016.

Sincerely,

Matthew Wilkens (President)
Ryan Cordell (Vice President)