[Humanist] 29.420 the strongest attack?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Oct 25 09:25:55 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:10:37 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: the strongest attack?

I would be very grateful for recommendations of what members of Humanist
regard as the strongest, most persuasive, closely reasoned attack on the
use of computational methods for the analysis and/or classification of
literature in English. This, as I expect you know, is no straw-man.

Most useful to me would be something not so focused on a single piece of
scholarship or single author that it might seem to have problematic
relevance to others. The attack would be best for my purposes if it has
not been adequately answered and so continues to be provocative.

Many thanks.

Group, University of Western Sydney