[Humanist] 29.412 pubs: DHCommons inaugural issue

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Oct 21 07:28:23 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 07:52:53 +0000
        From: Ryan Cordell <r.cordell at neu.edu>
        Subject: DHCommons Inaugural Issue Launched!

centerNet’s *DHCommons* journal is excited announce its inaugural issue
(http://dhcommons.org/journal/issue-1), which launches alongside a major
redesign of the DHCommons Project Directory (http://dhcommons.org/)! The
first issue includes project statements and peer reviews for the mid-stage
digital humanities projects from around the world, listed below; two "How
Did They Make That?" features edited by Thomas Padilla; and an editorial
introduction outlining both the joys and challenges of launching a journal
devoted to interdisciplinary project reviews in multiple languages.

We are also excited to announce that Padmini Ray Murray will join
*DHCommons* as Managing Editor beginning immediately; details about her role
can be found in our editorial introduction to the issue.

We are deeply grateful to all those who have made the journal possible,
especially our editorial team
(http://dhcenternet.org/2014/01/dhcommons-founding-international-editorial-board)
for their hard work with project directors and reviewers; centerNet's Neil
Fraistat, Kay Walter, and Jean Bauer for their sage counsel; and most of all
our editorial assistants at Northeastern University, Jackie Gronau and Vicky
Papa. We would also like to thank the Agile Humanities team for their
splendid design work.

We are delighted to share this first issue with you and would encourage
those with mid-stage projects to submit project statements to us for review
(http://dhcommons.org/journal/submission-guidelines) or to contact the
editorial team at info at dhcommons.org for more information.

All best,

Ryan Cordell (with Quinn Dombrowski, Isabel Galina, and Laurent Romary)