[Humanist] 29.400 faculty positions in visual narrative at NC State

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Oct 19 07:00:50 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 13:11:36 -0400
        From: Matthew Booker <mmbooker at ncsu.edu>
        Subject: Job openings: Visual Narrative cluster, North Carolina State University

Friends and colleagues,

N​orth Carolina​ State University is hiring four positions in a new
cluster on the theme of Visual Narrative.

One position is in digital history. Details are in the job description
below, and at the Visual Narrative website
<https://www.visualnarrative.ncsu.edu/hiring/>. ​Information about the
history department at NC State http://history.ncsu.edu/  can be found here.

Please share widely, and feel free to contact me or my co-coordinator
Michael Young in Computer Science  http://www.csc.ncsu.edu/people/rmyoung
with any questions.

Best regards​,

Matthew Morse Booker
Associate Professor
Department of History
Campus Box 8108
North Carolina State University
Raleigh NC 27695-8108
mmbooker at ncsu.edu
 919.513-1431
Website  http://faculty.chass.ncsu.edu/?userid=mmbooker

--------------

As part of the Chancellor’s Faculty Excellence Program, NC State
University seeks candidates for an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in
History in the Visual Narrative Cluster
(http://workthatmatters.ncsu.edu/visual-narrative/).

The Chancellor’s Faculty Excellence Program is bringing some of the best
and brightest minds to join NC State University’s interdisciplinary
efforts to solve some of the globe’s most significant problems. The aims
of the Visual Narrative cluster are to increase our understanding of visual
narrative in digital contexts by conducting research in immersive
experience, historical visualization, image analytics, visual culture, games
and computational media.

We seek a collaboratively-minded historian with a demonstrated record of
scholarship resulting in digital history or digital public history that uses
visual sources in historical research, including visual culture, spatial
history and/or visualization. Any geotemporal field is acceptable. The
candidate will be housed in the department of history. For more information
or to apply visit https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/59298

AA/EOE