[Humanist] 29.393 network analysis on Plato's dialogues

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 16 07:32:56 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:46:09 -0500
        From: Cory Taylor <coryandrewtaylor at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re:  29.383 network analysis on Plato's dialogues

Dear Dave and list,

Pajek and Gephi are the standard programs for network analysis right now.
Pajek runs quite well on Linux under Wine, and Gephi has a native Linux
package.

For R, the standard packages are SNA and igraph (and RStudio works nicely
under Linux). For Python, it's igraph and NetworkX.

Best,
Cory

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:54 PM, Humanist Discussion Group <