[Humanist] 29.389 Digital Library Federation research network

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 15 08:25:01 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:26:15 -0400
        From: Bethany Nowviskie <nowviskie at gmail.com>
        Subject: register for the 2016 DLF eResearch Network

The Digital Library Federation is pleased to open pre-registration for the 2016 iteration of our eResearch Network:

http://www.diglib.org/groups/e-research-network/

The DLF eResearch Network is a cohort-based learning experience, focused on implementing research data management services and engaging in shared skill development, networking, and collaboration. Our goal in providing the experience and supporting current and past cohorts is to foster a self-reliant, mutually supportive community of practice, engaged in continuous learning about RDM, data curation, and e-research support.

NEW FOR 2016:

• We’re radically lowering tuition costs for DLF member institutions who wish to participate in the eRN. (Tuition for an institutional team of three will total $1000 for DLF members and $3000 for non-member institutions.)

• Participation will be easier and less expensive, because we're making the in-person meet-ups that bookend the program entirely optional. (They’ll still be great networking opportunities, but we can do crucial eRN business virtually.)

• Finally, by popular demand, we’ll be upping the humanities data curation content of the program.

PRE-REGISTER NOW:

2016 eRN faculty and some other details for this May-November 2016 program are still TBD, but we encourage early registration so that we can recruit speakers and customize the curriculum to suit our new cohort’s interests and goals.

Sign your team up for 2016: http://diglib.org/eRN-signup/
Learn more about the eRN: http://www.diglib.org/groups/e-research-network/
Learn more about DLF: http://diglib.org/

Bethany Nowviskie
Director of the Digital Library Federation at CLIR
& Research Associate Professor of Digital Humanities at UVa
diglib.org | clir.org | engl.virginia.edu | nowviskie.org