[Humanist] 29.386 losing the humanities; network analysis of Plato's dialogues

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 15 08:21:23 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Marten_Düring <m.duering at zoho.com>                       (65)
        Subject: Re:  29.383 network analysis on Plato's dialogues

  [2]   From:    "Dr. Hartmut Krech" <kr538 at zfn.uni-bremen.de>            (206)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 29.364 losing the humanities

        Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:30:32 +0200
        From: Marten_Düring <m.duering at zoho.com>

Hi Dave,

you will find a summary of commonly used tools here: http://historicalnetworkresearch.org/resources/external-resources/#3  http://historicalnetworkresearch.org/resources/external-resources/#3 . For Linux take a look at Gephi, Visone, Palladio, Cytoscape, Nodegoat or Vennmaker. They all serve different needs and people tend to pick their personal favourites after trying a lot of them out.

Best,

Marten

PS: Please keep me posted if you should pursue your idea with Plato´s dialogues