[Humanist] 29.383 network analysis on Plato's dialogues

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Oct 14 06:54:37 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:16:51 +0100
        From: "Dave Postles" <davep at davelinux.info>
        Subject: network analysis on Plato's dialogues

I gave up trying to listen to her presentation - the sound quality seems
to be so poor.  What software are people using?  I started out back in the
Windows days with Ucinet.  I can run it under Wine in Linux, but I've
basically migrated away from it.  I've tried SocNetV, which doesn't
require the construction of a matrix.  I would try R, but Linux is no
longer supported by Rcommander and I find it frustrating constantly
referring to the man for command line.
Dave Postles

(I also don't like running Wine because of potential Windows threats).

--
http://www.historicalresources.myzen.co.uk (research and pedagogy)
From my Trisquel Linux desktop