[Humanist] 29.380 lectureship at the ANU (Australia)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 13 09:41:24 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 03:59:14 +0000
        From: Glenn Roe <glenn.roe at anu.edu.au>
        Subject: Lecturer in Digital Humanities, Australian National University

Dear All,

The Centre for Digital Humanities Research at the Australian National University is hiring a Lecturer in Digital Humanities to help build its teaching and research efforts, please circulate the below announcement widely.

Best, Glenn

http://www.unijobs.com.au/australian-national-university-jobs/H2HP/lecturer-digital-humanities

Lecturer, Digital Humanities

Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $91,541 - $104,254 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Three (3) years fixed term contract

We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated academic committed to excellence in teaching, research and project management in the emerging field of digital humanities. The appointee will contribute to and provide academic leadership in digital humanities research. S/he will have a PhD in a relevant field, an outstanding record of academic publications, and a demonstrated ability to work across disciplines in digital humanities projects. We are particularly looking for a collections-based researcher who has experience working with databases that incorporate different media including sound, film, archival data and material objects. Expertise in the applications of digital technology to collection-based research and outreach is essential, and knowledge of database design is desirable, as are cataloguing and curatorial skills. Preference will be given to applicants who can evidence experience or demonstrate interest in working with museum or other institutional collections. The appointee should have a background in cross-cultural and interdisciplinary research. Preference will be given to applicants working in the fields of museum anthropology, heritage studies, visual anthropology, material culture studies or other relevant areas of disciplinary expertise.

Position overview
The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) is the largest single College of seven Colleges at ANU. The College, which is structured into two main research schools, offers degrees in more than 20 discipline areas and excels in research across the creative arts, humanities and social sciences. The College has a substantial international research presence and is a major source of national policy advice. Our academic staff are internationally recognised for their research, and 46 are members of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, the Academy of the Social Sciences of Australia, or both We also host 13 Australian Research Council Future Fellows and two ARC Laureates. A hub of vibrant activity, we host more than 100 lectures, concerts and exhibitions each year, most of which are open to the public. Our students, staff and graduates come from more than than 60 nations, bringing a diversity of perspective to campus life.

The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on indigenous.employment at anu.edu.au<mailto:indigenous.employment at anu.edu.au>
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit http://hr.anu.edu.au/staff-equity

Application information
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
• A statement addressing the selection criteria.
• A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
• Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.

Contact: Dr Glenn Roe Phone: +61 2 6125 4952 Email: glenn.roe at anu.edu.au<mailto:glenn.roe at anu.edu.au>
Closing Date: Monday, 2 November 2015

http://jobs.anu.edu.au/cw/en/job/507033/lecturer-digital-humanities

--------------------------------
Dr Glenn Roe
Lecturer in Digital Humanities
Centre for Digital Humanities Research
Research School of Humanities & the Arts
Australian National University
120 McCoy Circuit
Acton ACT 2601 Australia

phone:  +61 (0)2 6125 4952