[Humanist] 29.369 losing the humanities -- in Switzerland?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Oct 10 09:30:07 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 08:37:56 +0200
        From: Claire Clivaz <claire.clivaz at isb-sib.ch>
        Subject: Humanities and Social Sciences at stake in a Swiss newspaper

Dear all,

An important Swiss newspaper, Le Temps, has published yesterday an
article entitled "Should we reduce Humanities in Switzerland?". The
topic is of course related to the Japanese situation, but also to
internal Swiss debates, since a political movement has proposed during
the summer to cut 50% of the SSH students in our country.

Two people are interviewed, economical questions are of course at stake,
as well as the small size of our country. E-learning is proposed as
substitute for certain fields...

http://www.letemps.ch/opinions/2015/10/09/faut-reduire-sciences-humaines-suisse

Claire Clivaz

--