[Humanist] 29.493 tools to analyze poetry?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 23 08:44:10 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 19:19:57 +0200
        From: Avraham Roos <avrahamroos at gmail.com>
        Subject: digital tools to analyze poetry

Dear All,

Does anyone know of tools to analyze poetry?

I have about 15 English translations of the same Hebrew 11th century poem
(An an octastich [8 line poem] made up of 2 quatrains).
I would like to perform some digital analysis in order to compare these
looking at meter, rhyme and rhyming scheme, style, word use, etc.

I tried the only online tool I could find (PAN Text Analyser) and was quite
disappointed.

--
Avraham Roos

Take a look at my Website/ Blog: http://www.tinyurl.com/JewishDH
<https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.tinyurl.com/JewishDH&sa=D&usg=AFQjCNEqCbHqeLvRkLxgN_VYmNR7CnpA_Q>

"When one teaches, two learn"
 Robert Heinlein (American science-fiction writer,1907-1988)