[Humanist] 29.455 events: the humanities; THATCampCuba; 3D cultural heritage

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Nov 5 07:47:19 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Vitale, Valeria" <valeria.vitale at KCL.AC.UK>              (17)
        Subject: Digital Classicist Workshop in London: 3D approaches to
                cultural heritage and landscape

  [2]   From:    Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com>                         (46)
        Subject: Re:  En marcha hacia el THATCampCuba 2016

  [3]   From:    "Bod, Rens" <L.W.M.Bod at uva.nl>                            (11)
        Subject: CfP 'The Making of the Humanities V' Johns Hopkins
                University, 5-7 October 2016

        Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 18:14:51 +0000
        From: "Vitale, Valeria" <valeria.vitale at KCL.AC.UK>
        Subject: Digital Classicist Workshop in London: 3D approaches to cultural heritage and landscape

Digital Classics Workshop:
3D approaches to cultural heritage and landscape

Thursday, Dec 10, 2015, 10:00-17:30
Institute of Historical Research training room
Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU

There are a few places left on a training workshop for postgraduate students and researchers on the use of 3D approaches in the study of cultural heritage artefacts and landscapes. The workshop will offer a basic introduction to the principles behind 3D imaging, modelling and representation of terrain and elevation, and how these can be used in research as well as visualisation. It will also give participants hands-on experience using simple and free software packages to produce complete 3D models and visualizations, with methods easily transferable to their own research.

No previous digital experience is required, but participants should bring a laptop and a  digital camera or smartphone and be prepared to install some free software in advance of the workshop. The workshop will be taught by Valeria Vitale (KCL/RHUL) and Gabriel Bodard (ICS). This workshop has been made possible by the generous support of the LAHP and AHRC.

Registration is free.

To book a place on the workshop, please contact

Valerie James (valerie.james at sas.ac.uk)

Valeria Vitale
PhD candidate
King's College London
Department of Digital Humanities
26-29 Drury Lane, Boris Karloff Building
WC2B 5RL London UK
+44(0)7413335591