[Humanist] 29.450 events: serendipity; book history; drone metaphysics

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Nov 4 07:42:37 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    IESEvents <iesevents at sas.ac.uk>                           (21)
        Subject: Launch: New Directions in Book History: 11 Nov 2015

  [2]   From:    David Berry <D.M.Berry at sussex.ac.uk>                      (20)
        Subject: Benjamin Noys: "Drone Metaphysics" -- Sussex Humanities Lab
                Research Seminar Series 2015/2016

  [3]   From:    Kim <kimberleymartin at gmail.com>                           (79)
        Subject: Call for Papers (CFP): The Serendipity Factor

        Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 13:26:50 +0000
        From: IESEvents <iesevents at sas.ac.uk>

New Directions in Book History
Book and Series Launch event -
Wednesday 11 November 2015, 5.30-7.30pm
Court Room (1st floor),
Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU

You are cordially invited to join us to celebrate the launch of Palgrave Macmillan's premiere academic series in the history of the book, New Directions in Book History, co-edited by Prof Jonathan Rose (William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of History, Drew University, USA) and Dr Shafquat Towheed (Senior Lecturer in English, The Open University, UK). There are now six titles published in the series. The reception also serves specifically to launch the two latest titles in the series: Reading and the First World: Readers, Texts, Archives, edited by Shafquat Towheed and Edmund G. C. King; and The Book in Africa: Critical Debates, edited by Caroline Davis and David Johnson.

Books in the New Directions series cover material as diverse as African book history, the practice of book destruction, non-canonical print culture in contemporary India, transnational postcolonial book groups, print in peril, and reading during the First World War.

Join us for a glass of wine and to toast the success of the series! The event is free to attend and all are welcome. Please RSVP to IESEvents at sas.ac.uk<mailto:IESEvents at sas.ac.uk> to confirm your place. The series editors would like to thank Palgrave Macmillan and the British Academy for supporting this event

Apologies for any duplicate posting

Jon Millington
Events Team Leader
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D01BB4.52D10E40] http://www.sas.ac.uk/     [SHL] <http://senatehouselibrary.ac.uk/>
School of Advanced Study and Senate House Library
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
Senate House, Malet Street, LONDON WC1E 7HU (room 218a)
T: 020 7664 4859
E: jon.millington at sas.ac.uk / W: sas.ac.uk http://www.sas.ac.uk/  / W: senatehouselibrary.ac.uk http://www.senatehouselibrary.ac.uk/

School of Advanced Study | Twitter: @SASNews<http://www.twitter.com/SASNews> Facebook: /schoolofadvancedstudy<https://www.facebook.com/schoolofadvancedstudy>
Senate House Library | Twitter: @SenateHouseLib<https://twitter.com/SenateHouseLib> Facebook: /SenateHouseLibrary<https://www.facebook.com/SenateHouseLibrary>

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales. We are committed to achieving a 20% cut in emissions from University buildings by 2015. Please think before you print.

In 2015, SAS celebrates the 20th anniversary of its official opening on 15 March 1995 as the UK's national centre for the support and promotion of research in the humanities.