[Humanist] 28.934 professorships at Oslo and at Lausanne

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue May 5 09:23:31 CEST 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Charles M. Ess" <c.m.ess at media.uio.no>                   (43)
        Subject: Associate Professor, Informatics, University of Oslo

  [2]   From:    Claire Clivaz <Claire.Clivaz at unil.ch>                      (9)
        Subject: Two professorships open at the University of Lausanne (CH)

        Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 07:17:53 +0200
        From: "Charles M. Ess" <c.m.ess at media.uio.no>

Dear HUMANISTs,

I happily pass on this new position description at the Department of
Informatics, University of Oslo.  Please distribute widely to
potentially interested candidates.

thanks in advance,
- charles ess
Professor in Media Studies
Department of Media and Communication
University of Oslo

==
___
http://uio.easycruit.com/vacancy/1380721/64290?iso=no
The Department of Informatics
Associate Professor in Informatics

A position as Associate Professor (position code 1011) is available in
the Design of Information Systems group at the Department of
Informatics. We are looking for an exceptionally talented upcoming
researcher at associate professor level. The group aims at becoming a
center of excellence, thus, the candidate should have an excellent
publication record and have demonstrated ability to attract substantial
funding.

The Design group has a strong tradition in participatory design (PD),
studying use practices and designing alternative technical solutions.
The group is multi-disciplinary and all members - both faculty and PhD
students - share a focus on the interplay between humans and IT at one
or more levels: individual, organizational and societal. The group's
current research addresses welfare technology in individual users'
homes, where the requirements for usability and functionality are high.
The quality of the user experience is even higher as we primarily focus
on vulnerable users. Applicants are expected to outline one or more
research projects and suggest how these can be expected to strengthen
and diversify the scientific profile of the group.

During the last years we have turned more towards design of tangible &
physical and embedded & ubiquitous computing. We are looking for a
candidate who has experience and knowledge about these interaction forms
and who can strengthen the group's competence in design of alternative
technical solutions. Since the candidate will be working with users,
knowledge of a Scandinavian language is preferred. Good applicants who
do not speak a Scandinavian language should learn Norwegian within the
first two years.

The candidate is also expected to participate in the teaching of courses
at all levels (Bachelor, Master, PhD) and supervise Master and PhD students.