[Humanist] 28.845 a lost palace: proposals?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Mar 24 07:13:19 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:08:13 +0000
        From: Melissa Terras <melissaterras at gmail.com>
        Subject: The Lost Palace: open call from Historic Royal Palaces

> *From:* Tim Powell <Tim.Powell at hrp.org.uk>
> *Date:* 20 March 2015 12:12
> *To:* "m.terras at ucl.ac.uk" <m.terras at ucl.ac.uk>
> *Subject:* The Lost Palace: open call from Historic Royal Palaces

The Lost Palace: open call for proposals

 Competition to create digital visions of lost royal history: 5 x £10,000 funds available to create prototypes for The Lost Palace

 At Historic Royal Palaces we believe that the artful combination of creative content and technology will allow us to bring the past to life in new and previously unimaginable ways.

 As part of the first development stage of our major digital project The Lost Palace, we are offering five applicants funds of £10,000 to develop single working prototypes that we can test on real audiences, which respond to the following challenge.

 Whitehall Palace was the site of some of the most iconic and dramatic events in British history, until it burnt down 300 years ago. The challenge is to create evocative, digitally-enabled experiences of its extraordinary stories as 'history where it happened' on Whitehall's modern streets.

 We want people to sense these lost spaces and encounter the characters that once inhabited them: to immerse themselves in the stories of these Tudor and Stuart worlds. We want to turn today's 'Corridors of Power' into playful spaces where history is performed and participated in.

 The deadline for submissions is the 13 April 2015. Those interested in applying are also invited to open afternoons at Banqueting House on the  24th and 31st March 2015. Full details about the competition can be found at www.thelostpalace.com http://www.thelostpalace.com   - where you can also register for open days and submit proposals.

 Fingers crossed that this is of interest.

 Tim

 Tim Powell
 Digital Producer
 Creative Programming and Interpretation

 4b The Casemates | HM Tower of London | London | EC3N 4AB
 0203 166 6305 | 07827 308 638
 www.hrp.org.uk http://www.hrp.org.uk/

 Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Historic-Royal-Palaces/46388888467?ref=hl   |Twitter (personal) |<https://twitter.com/TCP1980  Twitter<https://twitter.com/hrp_palaces  | YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/HistoricRoyalPalaces

 Come and celebrate 500 years of drama at Hampton Court Palace.  Find out about our anniversary celebrations and watch the film at www.hrp.org.uk/hcp500

 Historic Royal Palaces is an independent charity that looks after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle. We help everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest palaces ever built.  We raise all our own funds and depend on the support of our visitors, members, donors, sponsors and volunteers.