[Humanist] 28.831 "digital humanities": first occurrence

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Mar 19 07:32:40 CET 2015

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Andrew Prescott <Andrew.Prescott at glasgow.ac.uk>           (29)
        Subject: Re:  28.827 "digital humanities": first occurrence

  [2]   From:    Desmond Schmidt <desmond.allan.schmidt at gmail.com>          (8)

        Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 06:37:47 +0000
        From: Andrew Prescott <Andrew.Prescott at glasgow.ac.uk>

Following Dot's point about parsing out the different uses of the phrase digital humanities, it would also be worth studying the variety of different inflections of the humanities which have appeared over the past twenty years or so. We now have spatial humanities, medical humanities, environmental humanities, public humanities, etc. when did these start and what does their proliferation tell us about the state of the humanities?

Andrew